How to Encourage Positive Performance and Handle Difficult Conversations
Wednesday 25th April 2018
Navigator Employment Law Limited
1 – 4 Atholl Crescent
What will it cover?
It can be challenging to establish a positive performance culture within an organisation. This “how to” course will take a plunge into the best practices for establishing and maintaining strong performance management techniques.
The session will explore why managing individuals may involve difficult conversations and how to approach these challenging situations. Course objectives include understanding how to best resolve conflict by introducing the Johari window and GROW model of coaching. These models help individuals gain confidence in their managing techniques.
What are the outcomes?
Attendees will walk away with:
- A deeper understanding of strategies to create a positive performance management culture.
- Awareness of the role of coaching, mentoring and mediation in improving performance.
- Red flags to look out for when dealing with individual performance issues.
- Signs that an employee is underperforming due to lack of capability.
- Practical tools to assist when managing others performance.
Who should attend?
This course is directed towards individuals who have received limited people management training; have taken on additional management responsibilities; are new to people matters or, require a refresher in this area due to a particularly challenging situation at work.
How long will the course be?
The course will be half a day commencing at 9:15am for 9:30am start and finishing by 12:30 pm.
What will the cost be?
£105 plus VAT.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. For this reason, we would suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment. To book your place, please email Clare Lynch at email@example.com or call her on 0333 0433 931.