Tuesday 25th September 2018
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
8.00am Registration & Breakfast
9.45am Coffee & Networking
The seminar will look at the following issues:
- What a good absence policy looks like (reporting, evidence, sick pay).
- Informal (RTWs) and formal absence management (warnings etc.).
- Tricky areas, i.e. holidays, pregnancy and disability.
- Managing long-term absence (getting medical opinion, AMRA, and tips on a good OH referral.
- Capability dismissals, i.e. consultation and the risks of overreliance on an OH report.
Employment legislation and case law update.
All attendees will be entered into a draw and the winner will receive a lunch for two with a bottle of wine in l’escargot blanc.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. For this reason, we would suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment. To book your place, please e-mail Clare Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 03332 400 308.
If you could let us know of any additional requirements (such as access or dietary), this would be appreciated.
The Hilton Grosvenor is conveniently located in Edinburgh’s West End:
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
Tel: 0131 226 6001
Travelling By Train
Edinburgh has two railway stations: Waverley and Haymarket. Waverley is the main station, situated on Princes Street – 1-2 miles away and is approximately 15 minutes by taxi to the hotel. Haymarket Station to the west of the city centre is a few minutes’ walk:
- Exit Haymarket station, crossing to the other side of the road.
- Turn right, heading along Haymarket Terrace
- Take the first left onto Grosvenor Street
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor is on the eastern side
Travelling By Bus
From Waverley train station, stay on the same side of the road as the station and take a bus going Westbound, with the nearest bus stop being Haymarket station.
Driving From West / Airport
From the M8 Eastbound, take the A8 and after the airport to your left keep in the right lane, then under the underpass. Go straight on at major lights, keeping on this road for approximately 4 miles to a set of traffic lights with Haymarket railway station on the right. After these lights, turn at the first right onto Grosvenor Street, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor will be on the eastern side.
Driving From the South
The A1 will bring you right into Edinburgh’s City Centre. Drive along Queen Street continuing until the end then bearing right drown St Colme Street. Turn right after following the road Randolph Crescent onto Queensferry Street. Turn left onto Drumsheugh Gardens, continuing onto Chester Street. Turn left onto Palmerston Place, then turn right onto Lansdowne Crescent. Take the left onto Grosvenor Street and the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor will be on the eastern side.