Wednesday 28th August
Navigator Employment Law Limited
1 – 4 Atholl Crescent
What will it cover?
The Information Commissioner’s Office has recently announced its intention to fine British Airways £183.39m – the biggest fine in the UK to date since the GDPR came into force.
It is over a year since the introduction of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Organisations have taken diligent steps to better protect sensitive data. However, most will recognise that there is still progress to be made to ensure full compliance. Having allowed a period of settling in time, the ICO has now tightened up on enforcement of GDPR. This half day workshop will establish where you are in your roadmap, discuss the impact of the legislation, the lessons learnt on some key topics and, what the future may hold. The session covers:
- A question and answer surgery (we will ask for questions prior to the event)
- The impact of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- An update on data breaches/subject access requests and how to handle them
- Enforcement cases such as Morrisons and British Airways and lessons that can be learnt
- Very recent updates on cookies consent
What are the outcomes?
Delegates will walk away with:
- Refreshed knowledge of the legislative requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and future changes in the event of a Deal/No Deal
- Greater confidence in recognising and responding to data protection issues
- Enhanced ability to identify areas of improvement within your own specific organisation
- A defined action plan and list of required documents to ensure full compliance
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at anyone responsible for any type of personal data within the workplace. Those possessing an understanding of data protection legislation will benefit most. The course acts as suitable continuous professional development for those with some prior data protection knowledge and experience.
How long will the course last?
The course will be half a day commencing at 9:15am for 9:30am start and finishing by 12:30 pm.
What will the cost be?
£120 plus VAT per delegate.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. For this reason, we would suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment. To book your place, please e-mail Clare Lynch at email@example.com or call her on 03330 433 931.