Wednesday 23rd October
Navigator Employment Law Limited
1 – 4 Atholl Crescent
What will it cover?
Workplace investigations are a vital part of employee relations processes. When faced with such issues, a robust and comprehensive investigation will not only give you the answers that you need, but will also protect you in the employment tribunal. This focus will be on improving knowledge and developing the in-house skills required for investigations covering:
- The legal framework and core principles of investigations including the role of the investigating officer
- How to conduct investigation meetings, what to ask and what not to say
- How to write an investigation report and make recommendations
- Tricky areas and how to overcome them with a case study and plenty of scope for discussion
What are the outcomes?
Attendees will walk away with:
- A deeper understanding of the purpose of investigations, and how these fit into a broader process
- Understanding of the role of the investigating officer and how to conduct an effective process
- Increased confidence in conducting investigations (or instructing others to do so)
- Practical tools and templates to assist in the process
Who should attend?
This session is directed towards people managers and those who may be asked to investigate disciplinary or grievance issues. You may be new to investigations or require a refresher to ensure you are carrying them out thoroughly.
How long will the course be?
The course will be half a day commencing at 9:15am for 9:30am start and finishing by 12:30 pm.
What will the cost be?
£120 plus VAT.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. To book your place, please contact Clare Lynch on 0333 2400 308 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, Navigator can take on the burden of an investigation by conducting one for you on-site. Our team of specialists have experience of investigating all manner of issues, from small grievances to complicated disciplinary issues, and will ensure that the matter is handled quickly, comprehensively and with the utmost discretion and integrity. If you would prefer for an independent external investigation please contact Navigator enquiries at email@example.com or 0333 2400 308