Friday 1st November 2019
96 Rosemount Viaduct
The Information Commissioner’s Office has recently announced its intention to fine British Airways £183.39m – the biggest fine in the UK to date since the GDPR came into force.
What will it cover?
It is over a year since the introduction of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Organisations have taken diligent steps to better protect sensitive data, however most will recognise that there is still progress to be made to ensure full compliance. Having allowed a period of settling in time, the ICO has now tightened up on enforcement of GDPR. This half day workshop will establish where you are on your roadmap, as well as discussing the impact of the legislation; the lessons learnt on some key topics; and what the future may hold. The session covers:
- A question and answer surgery (we will ask for questions prior to the event)
- The impact of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- An update on data breaches and subject access requests and how to handle them
- Enforcement cases such as Morrisons and British Airways and lessons that can be learnt
- Very recent updates on cookies consent
What are the outcomes?
Delegates will walk away with:
- Refreshed knowledge of the legislative requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and future changes in the event of a ‘Deal’ or ‘No Deal’ Brexit
- Greater confidence to recognise and respond to data protection issues
- Enhanced ability to identify areas of improvement within your own specific organisation
- A defined action plan and list of required documents to ensure full compliance
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at anyone responsible for any type of personal data within the workplace. Those possessing an understanding of data protection legislation will benefit most. The course acts as suitable continuous professional development for those with some prior data protection knowledge and experience.
How long will the course last?
The course will be half a day commencing at 10:30am for 10:45am start and finishing by 1:45pm.
What will the cost be?
£120 plus VAT per delegate.
Reserving a place
Places at our events are limited and demand is normally high. For this reason, we would suggest that you book early to avoid disappointment. To book your place, please e-mail Clare Lynch at email@example.com or call her on 0333 0433 931.
Alternatively, you can book your space using our new online shop found here.